Please see the clinic hours page for the doctors' schedules.
ONLINE BOOKING GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Setting up Accounts on My Health Access
My Health Access is the platform that our medical software uses to enable patients to book appointments on-line, and it also has a video chat interface that is used for our video virtual appointments.
To register with My Health Access please follow the following steps:
1. Click on the "BOOK AN APPOINTMENT" button at the bottom of this page.
2. If you don't have an account on My Health Access, select Sign Up. **See note below if you will be making multiple accounts for other members of your household.
3. Follow the instructions by adding all the information exactly as it appears on your health card (no nicknames).
4. After creating your account, a staff member from our office will approve your request to connect to our practice. This process could take up to 5 business days.
5. Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation email.
**Note: All patients require a separate My Health Access account to book appointments. DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FAMILY MEMBER UNDER YOUR NAME. This is because My Health Access links only to the chart of the person whose name the appointment was booked under.
To create separate accounts you will need a different email for each account. This is because My Health Access will not allow the same email to be used for multiple accounts.
To book an appointment:
1. On your web browser go to https://www.myhealthaccess.ca/patient/#/login or open the My Health Access app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Log in with the appropriate email address (the email address for the person needing the appointment)
3. Click on "Book an Appointment" and select your doctor.
4. Click the appropriate appointment type and length (see detailed information below).
5. Book the date and time you believe works best for you.
6. Give us a BRIEF description of the reason for your appointment.
7. Once you have booked your appointment, our office will review and confirm it. Our office will contact you by phone or email if there is a problem with the appointment you have booked.
8. You will not get a confirmation email, although you will get a reminder email 5 business days prior to your scheduled appointment time. For video appointments only, you will also get a reminder email ahead of time on the actual appointment date.
To view appointments or to join your scheduled video appointment:
1. Go to your web browser and go to https://www.myhealthaccess.ca/patient/#/login
2. Log in with the appropriate email address (the email address for the person needing the appointment)
3. Click on "My Appointments".
4. You will see your list of past and upcoming appointments with your doctor. You will see an icon of a video camera next to all appointments that are scheduled as video appointments.
5. For video appointments, we request that about 5-10 minutes before your appointment is scheduled to start that you click on the button of the actual appointment, to load the appointment details.
6. Click on "Start your Telehealth Appointment" to enter the virtual waiting room and wait for the doctor to start the video chat. Please be patient and remember that it may take up to 15-30 minutes for the doctor to be ready to start the appointment.
Notes about Video Appointments:
Although it should be self-explanatory, you can only participate in video chat appointments if you have a front facing camera or webcam AND microphone and speakers on your device. You can use any device (computer, tablet, smartphone) as long it has these video and sound capabilities. If you do not have a device that meets these criteria then you must come in to the office for all appointments.
Please also remember to grant My Health Access permission to use the camera and microphone on your device - the doctors have encountered some video appointments where the patient did not have these functions authorized (it seems to be more frequently encountered with headphone use), and so the doctor was not able to see and/or hear them until the problem was fixed (which is an unnecessary waste of the doctor's time).
If your doctor sends you any files (eg notes, reports, requisitions) within the chat during your video call, you should save them onto your computer/phone/tablet immediately. As soon as the call ends you won't be able to access the chat or any of the files attached to it.
Finally, video appointments are treated just like any other appointments, and if you are not in the virtual waiting room at the time of your appointment you will be marked as absent for the appointment, and you will be charged the $45 missed appointment fee. **If you have a longer appointment (ie 15-20 minute) there could be a fee of up to $90 for missing your appointment.
How Should I Book My Appointment?
A few things to note:
All appointments are subject to review before they are confirmed in our schedule.
If you are booking an appointment on someone else's behalf, you must be logged into that person's My Health Access account and NOT your own account, as the appointment needs to be booked in their name (in order for the doctor to be able to have proper access to this person's chart for the appointment).
If your health card is invalid, you will be responsible for the cost of your appointment if you do not provide a valid health card within 90 days.
If we need to cancel your appointment for whatever reason, we will make every attempt to contact you; however if you do not have a functioning voicemail and/or email, we are not responsible if you show up for an appointment that has been cancelled.
No shows will result in a missed appointment charge, and your online booking privileges may be revoked until this fee is paid.
Dr. Scott and Dr. Stefanie have a policy of one issue per 10 minute appointment. If you have 2-3 short concerns or need a few minutes extra, there is an option to book a longer, 15 minute appointment. If you need more time to properly discuss your concern, for example wanting to discuss your mental health, please contact our office to book a 20 minute appointment.
What can never be booked online?
Click on the appointment reason for more information.
**The first major prenatal cannot be booked online, however successive follow up prenatal visits can be self booked according to the schedule the doctor has given you at your first visit.
We are not an emergency service, if you are having a medical emergency please visit your nearest ER immediately.
What can currently be booked online?
- 10 Minute In Person - Single Issue
- 10 Minute Video Chat - Single Issue
- Diabetic Check - In Person
- 15 Minute In Person
- 15 Minute Video Chat
- Adult (17+) Annual Physical and Pap if applicable - In Person
- Child (2-16 yrs) Physical and Immunization(s) - In Person
- Well Baby Check Up (1-18 mo) and Immunization(s) - In Person
- Follow up Prenatal - In Person (Note: the major prenatal physical exam must be booked with our staff)
- Vitamin B12/Iron/Prolia/other routine Injection - In Person
- Vaccine: 1st Dose + Consult with Doctor - In Person
- Vaccine: 2nd/3rd Dose - In Person
- Quick Medication Refill (prescription refill only) - 5 Minute Video Chat
10 minute in person
This appointment type is intended for a single concern where the doctor must do a physical assessment or see the area in person to provide a proper treatment plan. If your concern is one of the following, you should book this type of appointment:
- new or changing skin condition
- new or worsening injury/pain
- abdominal pain/swelling
- genital concerns
- blood pressure concerns
For concerns regarding your heart, please contact the office directly. If you have any symptoms of a heart attack or stroke or any other potentially life-threatening condition, do not wait; call an ambulance immediately.
10 minute video appointment
If it is not necessary to do an in person examination in order to address your concern, then you may book a video appointment. However, if you wish to discuss your mental health, please book in a longer 20 minute spot (unless it is just a brief check in). Some concerns that are easily addressed virtually are:
- requisitions for routine bloodwork and/or imaging
- notes for insurance purposes (NO FORMS, please go to the Forms page if you have a form that you need filled out)
- routine follow ups for chronic conditions
- medical advice, questions about medications/vaccines, etc
Routine diabetic check
This appointment type is longer than a standard 10 minute appointment because you will have your height, weight, and blood pressure taken at the beginning of your appointment. This process usually takes 5-8 minutes. If you have had diabetes for many years, have a blood pressure cuff at home, check in with the doctor on a routine basis, and your diabetes is well controlled, the doctor may authorize a video chat appointment instead of an in person appointment, however this cannot be booked online so you must book this with a receptionist.
15 minute in person
This appointment type is intended for patients with more than one minor concern where the doctor must do a physical assessment or see the area(s) in person to provide a proper treatment plan, or for patients needing extra time for a single concern who feel their needs are better met with an in person consultation.
15 minute video appointment
This appointment type is intended for patients with more than one minor concern where the doctor does not need to do a physical assessment or see the area(s) in person to provide a proper treatment plan, or for patients needing extra time for a single concern who feel their needs can be met with a virtual (video) consultation.
Adult annual physical (includes Pap test if applicable)
OHIP will only cover one physical per year so you cannot book a physical within 365 days of your previous one. Pap tests are done for anyone with a cervix every 3 years from 25 to 70 years of age. Please note that the only time a pap test will be booked outside of an Annual physical exam is when a repeat test is required following an abnormal result.
Routine infant wellness check/Child physical (15 years and under)
Infants are routinely scheduled for wellness checks at 1 month, 2 mo, 4 mo, 6 mo, 9 mo (for Dr. Stefanie's patients only), 12 mo, 15 mo (for Dr. Scott's patients only), and 18 months. From then on your child should have a physical between 2-3 yrs, 4-5 yrs, 12-13 yrs, and 14-16 yrs of age. These visits include any immunizations required by Public Health.
If your child is 16 and over, they must be booked in an adult physical slot. Please see our policy on caregiver/parent/guardian access to health records and booking appointments for anyone 14 years of age and older.
Follow up Prenatal
In order to book this appointment type, you MUST have already had your first (Major) prenatal visit with Dr Wright, and you should book according to the appointment schedule they gave you then. Please visit the Prenatal Visits page as it has more details.
Routine, periodic injection (B12, Iron, Prolia, Depo-Provera, Haldol)
This is an appointment for serum administration for patients who have these injections on a regularly scheduled basis. It is NOT a consult appointment for patients looking to start these injections. If you are looking to begin a series and have not consulted with Dr. Wright yet, please book a 10 consult appointment first where the serum can also be prescribed.
Allergy shots cannot be booked in these slots, click here to find out why.
All vaccines must be authorized by your doctor before they can be administered. Also, some vaccines are not kept in stock and will need a prescription from Dr. Wright sent to the pharmacy. If you have not yet discussed getting the vaccine with Dr. Wright, then you must first book an appointment with them so they can prescribe the vaccine. To do this you must book using the "1st Dose + Consult" appointment type.
If you have already had the first dose in a vaccine series administered by our office, then you should book the 2nd/3rd dose option. Please note however, that this appointment will be for the vaccine administration only. If you wish to discuss any concerns with the doctor you should book an injection + consult appointment.
Medication Refill Only
This is a quick, 5 minute video call just to refill your prescription(s). If you have any questions/concerns you must book a 10 minute appointment.
Click the button below to connect to our clinic and book an appointment
If you have not registered an account with My Health Access yet, do that first and then click the button above to connect your existing account to our clinic. You must have a separate account for each individual registered at our clinic (this includes children).
All appointments are subject to review before they are confirmed in our schedule. We reserve the right to change or cancel any self-booked appointments at any time. If there is an issue with your appointment we will do our best to contact you to rebook in the next available appropriate time slot, however if we are unable to reach you then the appointment will be cancelled altogether.